Using the official VideoLAN crossplatform C# bindings LibVLCSharp, use all the libvlc features in the world of Unity game development.
- One API accross all supported platforms
- Play every media file formats, every codec and every streaming protocols
- Hardware and efficient decoding on every platform, up to 8K
- Network browsing for distant filesystems (SMB, FTP, SFTP, NFS...) and servers (UPnP, DLNA)
- Playback of Audio CD, DVD and Bluray with menu navigation
- Support for HDR, including tonemapping for SDR streams
- Audio passthrough with SPDIF and HDMI, including for Audio HD codecs, like DD+, TrueHD or DTS-HD
- Support for video and audio filters
- Support for 360 video and 3D audio playback, including Ambisonics
- Able to cast and stream to distant renderers, like Chromecast and UPnP renderers.
We plan to target all mobile and desktop platforms.The first release brings Windows support. More platform integrations are underway. For issues and PRs, head over to vlc-unity
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission
if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended
While clicking these links won’t cost you any money, they will help me fund my development projects while recommending great assets!